Image Sizes on the Forum

Started by CAClark, May 24, 2012, 03:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAClark

I guess I am noticing it more with all the contest activity, but can the forum be made to resize uploaded images automatically or something? It seems like more and more folks are rendering stuff to be 3K wide or so, which means scrolling the image and not seeing the whole thing, and I really don't want to download them in order to see them properly.

As a general rule, I can see a need to upload renders larger than 1080P unless to illustrate something specific, but even then you could show a crop instead.

Cheers!

PhilippeV8

Auto resize for the forum would be nice indeed.

I used to dislike this too ... untill I figured out that in Internet Explorer, you can simply drag the image to the tab-bar and it'll open in the same window, there you can see it fit to screen size and you can zoom in to real pixel size.  Then when you're done, just hit backspace to come back to the forum.
I kinda like it this way 2 because you can see it almost as big as it gets on your screen, showing more detail.

Speedster

Philippe, that is so cool.  We can ALWAYS learn things here on the forum!
Bill G

CAClark

Nice, that does work in Firefox as well, handy to know, but I still think such large renders are OTT. Still, a decent work around.

Cheers!

Speedster

I do agree that auto resize would be great.  It appears that 1000 wide seems to be the limit for easy viewing, but then it's also nice to be able to download the image at something larger, like 3000, to really study it.
Bill G

jhiker

Yes - auto-resize please. I haven't seen half of the competition entries because I can't be arsed scrolling backwards and forwards and I don't have time to download them for viewing  ;)
Incidentally, I had no idea about the 'drag to tab' trick - nice!