Bright spots in renderings

Started by Dan Hudson, May 29, 2012, 09:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Hudson

I just updated to KS 3.2 and network rendering at the same time.  I added animation a couple of months back but as far as I can tell it doesn't have anything to do with this issue.

I'm getting bright spots in my renderings when I use the network rendering software.  It happens in both in single rendering and animation mode.

Dan Hudson

I tried uploading an animation.  It apparently did not come through.  I'll try it again...maybe it's too large.

guest84672

I can't see any "bright spots" in the image you posted?

Dan Hudson

look in the front corner of the glass just above the electric logo.  It is a rectangular group of pixels.  In the animation you'll see the flickering of different pixels as the model turns. It appears to be confined within the glass areas.

JeffM

Make sure each slave system is using the exact same network rendering version.

Also, do you have some Intel, and some AMD based systems?

Dan Hudson

All are Intel (one i7 and the rest Xeon). I'm running the all the same software versions. on all systems.

Chad Holton

Hi Dan,

I'm thinking you are using the latest NR version, but to be sure, can you confirm what version you are using exactly by going to Help>About?

Thanks,
Chad

Dan Hudson

I'm using 3.1.1 render queue trial version.  I have the latest...waiting for my it guy to install it on Friday.  Would that be it?

Chad Holton

Yes, I'm betting that it is. Test it out again once updated and let us know if it makes any difference. Be sure that the slave(s) and master are all updated and running the latest version.

Dan Hudson

Updated to the latest trial animation.  Seams to have solved the bright spot problem.  Thanks Chad.