Launching Environment/Lighting Editor - where's the button?

Started by astepanov256, June 04, 2012, 08:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astepanov256

Dear Keyshot gurus!

I'm sure it's a silly question but since I'm new to Keyshot, I'm stuck and confused  :o  I just installed Keyshot 3.2, which supposed to have Environment Lighting editor - which was the main reason I went to trouble installing Keyshot in the first place. Now, according to the help files and to the other user posts, there supposed to be an "Edit" button on the Environment tab of the Project palette but I don't seem to find it anywhere. I would like to play with the lighting adjustments but I can't figure how to launch the editor... Please help!

Cheers
Alex

PhilippeV8

First of all, this is a KS Pro feature ... so if you don't have that, you wont find it.

Then on the environement tab you have a small picture of your environement, below is a text box and way to the right of it you have an edit button.

Since you haven't found that one yet, I assume you don't have the Pro license ?

astepanov256

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the clarification. This is a demo license, I'm still evaluating the product; I'm not quite sure what level it gives me but based on your reply it sound like it is probably Standard, even though I have Animation enabled. It's quite annoying I must say, because the whole reason I went through this trouble is to evaluate the lighting editor - I'm a photographer and having this feature is rather important to me...

At any rate, thanks again!
Cheers
Alex

PhilippeV8

Try contacting luxion .. I think sales@luxion.com ... they're the only source to solve your problem and give you a proper trail ;)

Don't forget to ask nicely  ;D

Speedster

Also be sure to see todays webinar (Material Templates, Light Editing, etc.) as soon as it's posted on the Forum, likely tomorrow.  When you see what Jeff does with the HDR Editor, you won't want to even try the demo- just whip out the plastic and order it!  KS 3.2 Pro is simply a stunning improvement, with tons of enhancements!
Bill G