Inventor 2011 only part of assembly imports

Started by PhilippeV8, June 13, 2012, 08:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilippeV8

I've got an assembly which contains many parts and assemblys.

I noticed that if I work with level of detail and different representations of assemblys, it would only import the one visible.  Thus I added all possible combinations to 1 assembly.

Now when I import or open in KS, this assembly, I only get about 50% of the parts and/or subassemblys.  When I make a copy of this assembly and remove all parts that did load in KS and then load in KS, it gives an error stating that it couldn't find any 3D geometry.

Thus far, I haven't managed to find any difference between the parts that load and the ones that don't.

Any idea ?

guest84672

I would have to see assembly to see what the issue is. It could be a subassembly that is causing the issue. As a workaround you can try and export to CATIA.

PhilippeV8

Well I'm used to exporting everything to iges, then via a de-tour, I end up with obj files which I import in KS .. but then obviously I lose my object structure and the ability to benefit from the "import texture automation" thingy ... thus I was hoping to get the route via Inventor to KS working directly.