IGES and STEP from Solidworks 2012 with KS 2.3.2 - MAC

Started by Brian, June 14, 2012, 02:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Hi there, I've been using Keyshot 2.3.2 on my iMac for a bit under Lion OS. It's been working fine with 2011 files and also some smaller 2012 files.
Recently a client has asked for a rendering of a large assembly from Solidworks 2012, they have supplied IGES and STEP 203 and 214. Every time I try and import the file it just comes up with an error:

"The imported geometry could not be interpreted..."

Can anyone help or offer an advice on this which doesn't end in buying a PC and buying another version of KS for windows!  ;)

KeyShot

You may be using the old step importer. Try to click on advanced in the import menu, and uncheck the old importer to avoid this issue.

KeyShot

Also, you could download 3.2 which has several updates and improvements to the step & iges importers.
They are quite a bit faster as well.

Brian

I've tried importing but without using "use old importers" being checked. This fails immediately, and states... "Failed reading....(file name)"

It can't just be me who's experiencing this? Also, I know the files work as I asked my client to open them and check prior to sending them just in case it was an error their side.

Any other suggestions?

Brian

Brian

guest84672