Main Menu

KeyShot Learning Edition

Started by DriesV, June 22, 2012, 12:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

I would like to see a KeyShot Learning Edition being offered in the future for personal non-commercial use.

It could be a KeyShot Pro with some omitted features:

• NO plugin support
  • HD resolution limit
  • NO network rendering support
  • Fewer importers

Of course it should come at an appropriately attractive price  ;D.

greetings,
Dries

DriesV

I'm going to bump this topic to anno 2013. ;D

KeyShot 4 Essential
A package in the same spirit as the Adobe 'Elements' suites. Targeted at hobbyists.

KeyShot 4 with Pro features, animation and VR, but:
*resolution limit: 1080p for stills, 720p for animation/VR
*length limit for animations/VRs: limited time/frame count
*no queue rendering
*no possibility to submit network rendering job
*no technical support
*strict single machine license

Maybe for 200 euros?

Any chance I'll ever be able to buy this? Because I would... ;)

Dries

H

+1

Or keyshot 3 (or 2) at a cheaper price

edwardo

YES YES YES. +1

I found myself unemployed when my father passed away (was previously a product designer in a fairly large London consultancy and had to leave to spend time with family). I am now in a position of looking for similar work. The problem arrises in that i cannot show any work or include in my portfolio anything done at my previous employers (for confidentiality reasons). I need to create an entire new folio to get back into work!! Im not in education any more and just cannot afford anything like $3000 to get the pro functionality i need (animation + VR + hrdi editor + decent res output).  A 'non-commercial' edition of keyshot would change my life. Im so tired of fudging around with demo or watermarked software editions

tfinlay

Quote from: DriesV on June 22, 2012, 12:02:03 AM

It could be a KeyShot Pro with some omitted features:

• NO plugin support
  • HD resolution limit
  • NO network rendering support
  • Fewer importers

I think retaining all features but just putting a huge watermark across the image/realtime render/video would be better.

TpwUK

Dries ++1 here mate - I can't stand water marks that splatt all over a limited resolution image, by all means stick a logo in the corner but at least give it some real transparency so you can see the image produced

Martin