New member, motorcycle work in progress

Started by Dylan, June 25, 2012, 02:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan

Hi everyone. I'm Dylan from Ireland. I'm 17 year old and got the educational licence for Keyshot sometime last week. I spent about a week so far working on a Honda Goldwing GL1500. It still isn't finished but I did a render in Keyshot to show progress so far. I used the default setup for this render.

My Dad owns a Goldwing forum at www.goldwingfacts.com and there is no shortage of pictures of Goldwings from the members that I can use for reference. Also I've been travelling on the back of them since I was 3 so I know how they look. Still some work to do on this model. Brake lines, more engine detailing, pockets under the rear speaker pods, some vents, textures to add to the instruments and radio console and more things I keep discovering.

Keyshot is cool, saved me a ton of time rendering in Mental Ray.

guest84672

Excellent start. You need to work on your lighting. It makes the whole image look a bit bland and flat. Experiment with some of the Studio and Outdoor environments for more dramatic lighting effects.

Keep up the good work!

Dylan

Thanks Thomas. I'll try some different lighting and post more shots once I've done a bit more on the modelling. My Dad and me are heading to the USA on holidays Saturday so I doubt I will get this finished by then. But I will post what progress I have before we go.

Dylan

I tidied the model up a bit more today, here are the updates.

guest84672

Ah yes, it gets better immediately! ow you can see some more detail. Next, gotta work on the texture of the seat.

feher

It's all about the dome. Looking really nice. Keep at it.
Can't wait to see more.
Tim