Mapping Tool ?

Started by Scottishheapsgood, June 20, 2012, 05:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottishheapsgood

Hi guys, I was really glad to hear that cylindrical mapping had been fixed but I'm still having extremely varied results. Has it actually been fixed properly or was it only partially fixed?
But the main issue I'm having is when I click the "mapping tools" button nothing happens  ??? (no mapping tool over model appears). Is anyone else having this problem or know why I am having this problem? Kind of hard to test the "fixed" mapping when I can't even get the mapping tool working.

guest84672

It depends on the mapping mode you are in. You will get the mapping tool in box, spherical and cylindrical mapping mode. In all other modes you "position" the texture.

Scottishheapsgood

Yeah I know the mapping tool is only for those types. It is cylindrical mapping that I am mainly trying to get happening. I thought I had a breakthrough today though when I re-installed keyshot and the first thing I tried cylindrical mapping on worked, but then I tried another model and it didn't work.  Since then I have experimented on a bunch of models with mixed results. I thought I may be able to figure out what was causing e.g. file format, model geometry etc...  but to no avail. This really has me pulling my hair out.

guest84672

can you share an example?