Main Menu

Lambo Sunset

Started by Brian Townsend, June 01, 2010, 11:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Townsend

Shot the HDRI and backplate for this tonight and then had some fun with tone mapping :).

Robert V.

Can you show the HDRI you used?

David

I think that looks great.
Did you use tone mapping on the car and the background?

Brian Townsend

Predator,

Here is the HDRI.  I am missing one crucial piece of equipment to do true spherical panoramics so this HDRI is somewhat crude and approximated but still was able to produce realistic lighting for the backplate. 

David,

I only tone mapped the backplate, but interesting idea to tone map the car as well seeing as how KeyShot can easily produce multiple exposure levels.

Brian

Robert V.

I know  about the special equipment, it's very expensive...

It looks very nice though! I think you could sell or share these HDRI's (I guess you made more) easily!

jlowap

The image looks prety nice, although my inital thoughts are these:-
1. The car looks like its not quite on the ground
2. To me looks far too crisp compared to the background image

And for some really weird reason, and this really must be me, when i first saw the image i though the front half of the car was over a 'clif' floalting over a forest or jungle :/

Robert V.

Quote from: jlowap on June 03, 2010, 01:28:39 AM
And for some really weird reason, and this really must be me, when i first saw the image i though the front half of the car was over a 'clif' floalting over a forest or jungle :/

Nope, you're not the only one...

Brian Townsend

You guys got me.  I couldn't resist using the plate when I saw how the tone mapping came out with the clouds and sunset though.  Good point about the car being crisp.  Are you guys familiar with the pixel filter size setting?  That applies a slight blur to the render and could fix that issue.  Thanks for the critique guys, I'll be back at that location soon and will shoot a plate that really works next time ;)

Robert V.

We will wait with anticipation  ;)