GG1, Long Island Sound at sunset

Started by Speedster, July 06, 2012, 10:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

I originally posted another view of my new Raymond Loewy designed GG1 Electric Locomotive on Amazing Shots, and have tweaked it following your suggestions.  Since it's an "engine" in railroad terms and OK by the guidelines I decided to enter it in the Engine Contest.  Also, I noted that many entries are not from GrabCAD, so I used my own SolidWorks 2012 model.

All updated KeyShot 3.2.36 render. My own HDR dome created in HDR LightStudio Pro.  Massive tweaking of the backplate using FilterForge "StevieJ's Soft Lens" (an awesome filter, alone worth the reasonable cost of FilterForge), and lots of post tweaks like level and hue/saturation, in Photoshop CS5.  "Grass" painted up in Photoshop as well.

20,214,462 polys!  1.03 GB .bip file.  Render time for the original 6000 x 4000 render was 7 minutes 35 seconds on 8 cpu's.  KS 3.2.36 renders like a rocket!  Photoshop .psd is 174 MB.

Enjoy!  I've posted a small "forum sized" and medium size image.  A 20"x16" giclee print of this and other GG1 images is in the works for my website.

Bill G
www.GouldStudios.com

feher

Bill,
This is something to be proud of buddy. You did a great job making the train feel like it's part of the overall image.  Love the color pallet, look and feel.
I would hang this up  for sure.
Thanks for sharing and good luck !
Tim

Tiho Ramovic

Awesome model and render!! I assume that rendering this work of art was easy part of the job since it was modeled in SW, great skills!