Saving material (library) in Keyshot

Started by Public, June 07, 2010, 05:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Public

Hello,

When using hypershot it was possible to save an adjusted material in a (new) material group. When you then saved the library the material could be used everytime Hypershot started.

In Keyshot I tried to save a material the same way; first saving the material in a group and then saving the material library. But when I start up Keyshot again the new material is gone.

Can somebody help me to solve this problem?

thanks!

JTrusty

QuoteBut when I start up Keyshot again the new material is gone.

Did you happen to name the new material with the same name as the old material? I noticed that Keyshot won't display materials with duplicate names. They are still saved, and you can check this by opening up your material group in a text editor. I would recommend EditPad Lite. Its free and won't corrupt the file.

guest84672

Also make sure that your resources folder is not write protected. I have seen this issue in the past.

Thomas

Public

Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately it does not solve the problem yet.

I checked and the material library folder is not write protected. Also I didn't use the same name for the material.

I also tried saving the material in a new material group. But the next time I start up Keyshot the new material group doesn't exist at all.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks!

guest84672

You are running a fully licensed version of KeyShot, not the demo version?