Main Menu

VW Golf GTI Mk2

Started by LNK47, July 19, 2012, 03:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LNK47

Hello all,

here is a test-render using KS 2 and the free HDRi's set of Smcars : http://www.smcars.net/forums/smcars-hdri/

This render is not perfect, the focal twist needs to be improved.

thanks for watching

Best regards from France :)

tsunami

Did u use the hdri environment on background or a backplate from that hdri environmet?

Regards

CAClark

Looks pretty cool. nice job :-)

Cheers!

Philrider7

Nice GTI, i really like the reflection on the car and the wheel & tire look good too!

Josh3D

Hi LNK! Welcome! This is looking really sharp. One of my favorite cars. I prefer black, tinted windows :)

Dylan

Wow that is excellent. I think the MKII Golf was made a bit before I was born and I don't remember ever seeing one on the roads here. If yours is an accurate model of what they looked like, they were a cool looking car.

Rex

LNK47

Thanks to all for your replis ;)

@ tsunami :
absolutely, i used the HDRI in the background instead of a static backplate

@ josh3d :
I agree, I used to have the same MkII GTI in black (a BBS wheels) few years ago :D

@ dillster :
I have used blueprints to model this (in Maya), I wish my model is quite an accurate to the original one

CAClark

Quote from: dillster on July 19, 2012, 11:30:25 AM
Wow that is excellent. I think the MKII Golf was made a bit before I was born and I don't remember ever seeing one on the roads here. If yours is an accurate model of what they looked like, they were a cool looking car.

The MkI still appears now and again on the roads, MkII's are quite rare too, but IMO the MkII was the best looking golf. The model looks pretty accurate to me.

Cheers!