keyshot2 plugin

Started by lucien, June 08, 2010, 12:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucien

Dear Sirs~

are there plug-in for keyshot2 ?
Present plug-in seems be for keyshot 1.9.

PS:I use pro/e wildfire 4.0

Thanks~

rkulshrestha

And for Sketchup please

Shivani

KeyShot

KeyShot 2 works with the existing plugins that can be found from the keyshot.com/keyshot webpage (the menu on the left). Note, that KeyShot 2 will import pro/e files directly on both Windows and Mac without requiring
a pro/e license. The SketchUp plugin is under development and should appear soon.

lucien

Dear Sirs~

I still have problems about pro/e plug-ins.

I download the plug-in files from below webpage and install it.
http://www.keyshot.com/keyshot/plugins (for pro/e 32bit, ProE_Plugin_32.zip)

But when I click the keyshot icon on pro/e, it still connect to keyshot 1.9 ??

The content of protk.dat is:
NAME       KeyShot
EXEC_FILE  $KEYSHOT_PROE_WF4\KeyShot.dll
TEXT_DIR   $KEYSHOT_PROE_WF4\text
STARTUP    dll
REVISION   18
END

Is there any error during my setup process?
Please kindly provide me some advice, thanks~

Sam

Lucien,

Check 2 things please
Have you rebooted yet? In your protk.dat you refer to system variables that are set during installation, those only work if you reboot.
Can you check your system variables? do they exist (the ones you use in the protk.dat)?

and if that is correct, check the location of the protk.dat (is it the correct one you read?)

if all so try to set the absolute path instead of the variable in the Protk.dat...

guest84672

We will have an update shortly that may fix this. I personally didn't have any problems with it, but there were some issues with registry entries that may have affected things. This has been addressed.

Thomas

RichardB

Hello,

we have also problems with the pro/E plugin.
I have tested to open a relatively large assembly with the plugin and after importing some geometry it will freeze so i have to go to the task manager and breake down the keyshot process. In Hypershot 1.9 it works.
Any Idea?

P.S.
The new interface is an huge improvement ant I would like to work with as soon as possible.

best regards
Richard

guest84672

Are you talking about the plugin or the importer?

RichardB

The plugin.

I start the keyshot plugin in Pro/E and set the tesselation to 0.22 (a lot of screwheads) and the keyshot window appears, starting import of the geometry and after some time it freeze.
Sorry, cannot describe the issue better. Maybe in german.

best regards
Richard

RichardB

Update:

Thomas

I have tested the plugin with smaller parts and assemblies and it works fine.
If you want to test the file by yourself, i can give you a download link and some instructions.
I made a few shots wiht hypershot of the same model, curious the hypershot pro/e plugin opens the file with no problems and fine quality, the shots are in the same FTP-folder so you can take a look.
Have tested the direct Pro/E importer: tooks 10 times the old hypershot plugin and the resulted .bip have some geometry errors. Maybe the file is a little bit complicated. The .asm is ~1gb and numerous parts and sub-asm's are hidden-switched by the author. Wondering the Hypershot solution works?
A quick response would be fine. The project should be finished the next days

best regards
Richard

guest84672

I assume that you are on a 64bit system with plenty of RAM?

I am not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Certainly the direct importer takes longer then the plugin. I am not sure what you mean by the HyperShot solution. What geometry errors are you discovering?

Please e-mail me directly so I can take a look and understand better - in German!

RichardB

Hi Thomas,

have sent 2 mails!

best regards
Richard

guest84672

Saw - will take a look.

RichardB

Hello Thomas,

some news???

best regards
Richard