Save show/hide configurations

Started by jeffw, July 27, 2012, 08:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffw

Here a common situation I face. I have say 8 products that need to be rendered with the same settings (camera, background, lighting etc.) Each product has five or six accessories. The CAD model of each product has all the accessories on it. I bring each CAD model into one Keyshot scene so all models are positioned the same and are affected by the scene settings. In the scene tree of a model I find the accessories I do not want to show and hide them. Then I make a render. Then I go and find a different accessory I want to show and hide the others. I have to do this for each of the 8 models. It works fine but let

guest84672

Your post got cut off. Make sure not to use any special characters.

jeffw

Since when is an apostrophe considered a special character. It broke off my post at lets. Lets see if it posts without it.

Here a common situation I face. I have say 8 products that need to be rendered with the same settings camera, background, lighting etc. Each product has five or six accessories. The CAD model of each product has all the accessories on it. I bring each CAD model into one Keyshot scene so all models are positioned the same and are affected by the scene settings. In the scene tree of a model I find the accessories I do not want to show and hide them. Then I make a render. Then I go and find a different accessory I want to show and hide the others. I have to do this for each of the 8 models. It works fine but say later sales wants a close up render of one particular product and accessory I have to through find each accessory and go show and hide them. This is a real pain if what you want to show/hide is buried deep in the assembly. It forces you to rely on remembering what parts need to be shown and hidden increasing the chance of making a mistake and slows down the whole process. How much better to let Keyshot handle it by being able to name and save show and hide configurations to recall later. This a common feature CAD  programs.
Related to this would be an improvement to show all parts. As in the above example I have multiple assembly models in one scene and have all except one toggled to show. In this model I have some parts in different sub assemblies set to show and hide. In the beginning I can see all parts and I click on the parts I do not want to see and toggle them to hide. Later I want to show and hide other specific parts only and again would like to see all parts in just this model to perform a similar process. If I go to that model in the scene tree and select show all parts it show all my models in the scene tree when I just want to show all in that particular model. Now I have to go and uncheck each model to not show. Again to refer to CAD programs, you can have multiple assembly models and if you pick one and tell it to show all it shows all only in that item. This would be nice in KeyShot as well.

guest84672

Yes - we agree. We will look into it.

Robb63

+1 on this feature. This is a daily part of my workflow!!

m2tts

+1 here too.

To add to that would be the ability to drag subassemblies out from under their parents and rename at will.

imfastrnu2

+1 A must have feature in my opinion. It would be a REAL time saver.

pvineyard

I would like to see an opacity animation node where one can fade parts (assemblies/sub, etc.) in or out. This would allow one to expose cross sections after viewing a complete model.