Main Menu

1933 Boyd Roadster

Started by feher, August 18, 2012, 10:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

3D model is fro Turbosquid
Background and dome are from Moofe. Updated the HDR in the Luxion HDR editor.
Flames were put on by using the lable function on the paint material.
Photoshop for psot work.
Enjoy
Tim

jody

Great work!! luv the whole scene.. just not too crazy for the flames..I like the ol school style.....I had a couple a questions..I use my friends program a couple of times"keyshot",so i'm new to this...thinkin about buying it.
anyway my question is...Moofe is that a company or  just a random person? next question..on the headlights, were they modeled with the ribs or is it a picture you put in it?

feher

Thanks for the comments.
Do you not like flames in general or do you not like how I did them ?
As for the lights I rendered them I put a bump on the lens to give that rib look. The bulb inside has the emissive on it.
Moofe is a company that sells Domes and backplates.
I'll do another one without flames.
Tim

jody

Feher,

I like flames...this it what i was refering to....... what I meant was ol school the style of flames.

I just noticed it's a Boyd Roadster...that was a great show  R.I.P Boyd....did you buy the model?

feher

Thought it would be neat to show how I look at my own stuff after I do something.  :o
After looking at this image for a day or two. I have decided to do some changes. Here is the mark-up of what I feel needs to be done to the image.
Update coming soon.
Tim

Josh3D

Love this one, can't wait to see the update!

Speedster

Personally, I love this style of flame.  But ditto the "old school".  Attached an image of a stunning flame job- the dancers are on a tailgate panel. 

But what bothers me is that the headlights seem to "float", with no support or headlight bar.  Perhaps the bar is chrome and picking up strong reflections?

Good job, Tim!  The headlight bump is great!

Bill G

guest84672

Great work, Tim, as always.