Bugs and suggestions - Keyshot 3.2.32

Started by bzemer, August 05, 2012, 02:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzemer

Hello,
here is a mix of bugs, annoying workflow stuff and some suggestions, from my experience with Keyshot:
I hope some of it can be resolved and added.
Thanks ahead.

•    I have set keyshot to start the render from a specific frame, closed the render window and went back. And when I rendered, Even though that the setting were from the specific frame, keyshot started from frame 1. I had to select 'entire duration' and then reselect the frame range.
  •    when adding a scene to the render queue, the camera becomes 'stuck' and cannot be changed by the mouse or by selecting another camera.
  •    This can be resolved if I restart the program, and then I can add as many scenes to the queue as I want, without any problems with the camera, or by pausing and un-pausing the real-time renderer.
  •    In animation, when duplicating or mirroring a folder with several sequences of animation, the UNDO function undos each and every copy animation operation, instead of undoing the whole duplicate/mirror at once.
  •    If you accidentally drag a part's animation time frame from the animation window, UNDO will not change it back.
  •    If you save the file while in a specific frame, it will jump to frame 1.
  •    In the project tree, the DELETE button does not work for deleting animations or parts. You have to right-click for every part and animation you want to remove, and select 'delete'.
  •    You can also only select one part/anim at a time, and not several objects  together.
  •    The same goes for RENAME. While the windows default shortcut to rename (in most common software) is F2.
  •    In the render window, when selecting the path I chose for this session, to create the animation and animation frames, the program 'forgets' the path each time I set a render, and goes back to the default path.
  •    When dragging the timeline in the animation window, you cannot drag the animation past the edge of the window, so that it would scroll the screen and let you drag to your desired location.
  •    When duplicating a model, the 'rotate' animation loses the helper object, and goes to 'self'.
  •    After setting a work area for the animation, each and every small changes in the scene will rest the work area to entire duration.
  •    When I render animation to .MOV, the colors differ greatly from the set colors. AVI works just fine.
  •    Add the option to go to a specific frame number in the animation.
  •    Add an option to convert saved renderd animation images, into a video file.
  •    A suggestion for future KeyShot, setting different 'Depth of field' and\or 'look at' points throughout the animation, as the camera changes. Also, maybe going through several cameras in one animation.
  •    About saving files, keyshot should calculate needed space for composing the animation file, ahead of the render. I had a render that took 13 hours, just to get an error message and lose the render, instead of a window (maybe) to direct keyshot to a location with more free space.
  •    When saving the image files while rendering an animation, it should save them with leading zeros, so that they would appear in the correct order in windows and other image viewing programs (ie. Instead of 1.jpg create 01.jpg or 001.jpg, according to the total number of frames.
  •    Add an option to set a work area manually by typing numbers. It's hard to drag the pointers all the way from the start and end, to the specific points in time. Everytime.
  •    Add an option to group and rearrange the parts in the scene window.
  •    Add an option to reverse settings for showing/ un-showing parts (i.e if I want to hide just one part, it would be easier to un-show it, and then inverse the shown parts.
  •    change 'show only' to 'isolate', I think it is clearer.
  •    In the setting window, I want to be able to save presets for screen size and aspect ratio. sometimes I use in a single render, both 1080X720 for animation and other settings for pictures, and I have to write down the settings in order to return and make changes later, keeping the ratio that I already rendered before.
  •    Regarding animations, the industry standards differ greatly from the presets suggested by keyshot. 1080X720 for example, and other HD, 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions.