Saving issue - Keyshot 3.3

Started by red_orca, August 30, 2012, 04:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red_orca

I've just updated to Keyshot 3.3 and am having an issue where Keyshot doesn't save changes in an existing .bip

Using save or save as and the existing filename will not save the changes I've made.
Saving as a new filename does.

What do you think - Keyshot issue or an issue with the server I'm saving to?

Brandon Davis

What are you saving the file as? (example.bip)

Was this *.bip created in 3.2, then brought into 3.3?

red_orca

I'm just using:
File> Save

Saving progress window flashes up for an instant but not long enough to show any progress. And the green bar doesn't just fill quickly.

And yes. File was originally created in whatever the most recent build was before the 3.3 update.
(3.2.whatever)

Seems to work ok if I use a file that's located on my actual PC rather than the server.

red_orca

It actually seems to be that the file will save normally once I've gotten the file to save under a different name to the original.

It was only working on my PC because I'd done a Save As and a new file name to get it there.

RocketNut

I have saving problems also. It saves up to 99% and there it sits with the green bar flashing like it's saving. Then I can not close KeyShot,have to use the task manager to close KeyShot.  ???

Brandon Davis

@ red_orca - Make sure on the server machine you have write permissions - this seems related to the server not KeyShot.

@RocketNut - Are you on the latest version of KeyShot? 3.3.15

RocketNut

Yes KeyShot just update and the bug is still present. I'm just wondering if it's my cad program not exporting properly.