Difficulties with the 'Move' tool and co-ordinate display

Started by jhiker, September 05, 2012, 05:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

Had a strange occurrence today involving the 'Move' tool.
I had combined four different models done in Alibre into an overall assembly. All the models were done at different times and would not have shared the same origin or the same XYZ orientation. Nevertheless, I oriented and positioned the model(s) as I finally wanted them in the new assembly.
This assembly was exported as a 'bip' file and opened in Keyshot (latest build).
All good so far..
However, when I came to 'Move' the models individually by right-clicking on them in the scene tree the XYZ co-ordinate display for each model was different. Furthermore, clicking and sliding the 'Up' direction arrow moved the models fore and aft and moving the blue arrow in the horizontal plane (X & Z) moved the model up or down! It was a hell of a job to move them around - like wearing upside-down spectacles!
Anyway, I just wondered if this was expected behaviour and whether anyone else had noticed it. It's difficult to explain in words so I've attached a few pictures.
Thanks,
Jeff

jhiker

jhiker

No comment from Keyshot - not even an acknowledgement  :( which annoys me somewhat.
Would you like me to take this up with support?

guest84672

This is odd. Are you using the latest build? And yes, definitely check in with support.

jhiker

Thomas,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm using the latest build.
I will follow up with support.

PhilippeV8

I sometimes have it such that draging one way make it go the other.  Also sometimes it barely moves.
Other than that, KS hangs sometimes while doing the move.