animate lights

Started by alal0023, September 17, 2012, 09:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alal0023

Hi there,
I would really like to know if it would be possible to animate lights that pass through a still camera sequence, and these lights describe the surface, as in the first 3 seconds of this clip 
, or or more advanced like in the second12-13 of the Peugeot onyx teaser http://www.cardesignnews.com/site/home/display/store4/item264778/
Thank you! Hopefully it is possible somehow!

Cheers,
Alexandra

guest84672

You can use geometric object that have emissive materials assigned to them, and have been made invisible to eye. This would allow you to generate the effects you are seeing in this video.

alal0023

by making objects invisible to eye you mean placing them behind or above the camera, isn`t it? or is there any specific mode that can make the objects invisible, but still keep the reflections on other objects in the scene?

Cheers,
Alex

Robb63

Under the "Emmisive" material "Properties" tab if you open the "Advanced" triangle you'll see a check-box that says "Visible to Camera". Un-check it and the emissive object will interact with the scene casting light and shadows, but not be visible itself to the camera (even if you park it right in-front of the camera).

Rex

Alexandra,

The following video is an animation I created in KeyShot 3 with a camera orbit going one direction and a turntable going in the opposite. This communicates the effect of a rotating environment with animated lights.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Rex