Replacing textures

Started by lillusaur, September 11, 2012, 01:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lillusaur

Hello!
I have a problem and I was wondering if someone else have encountered the same thing:

I have a material with a texture applied to it, some scaling has been applied to the texture to get it to look the way I want.

I want to replace this texture, for example to change the color of a graphic I have applied to a product. But when I load a new texture all transformations made to the previous texture are lost and I have to do all of it again. In KS2 this could be avoided by unchecking the keep aspect ratio box before replacing the texture and the new one would pop in to place like the old one (assuming that the pixel dimensions of the new texture was the same as the old one)

Now this is not the case anymore. Is there a way to keep this behaviour in KS3?

not a super big issue but annoying still

br3ttman

I'm running into this issue as well, and if you have a lot of graphics like I do it can be annoying.  Moreover, now that I've updated to this latest version of KeyShot, I've found that when I reimport parts from CAD, the new parts come in the correct scale, but all my textures maps are approximately 1/20th scale on the new parts.

swashbuckler

Same thing for me, any "old" textures I use have to be increased by a scale of 20x or more. These are just basic texture images too, nothing has changed for any of them.

Like you both mentioned, not a big deal, but an annoying change.