keyshot vs photography

Started by Ramy, August 31, 2012, 07:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramy

left keyshot right photography (canon 60 D )

Dylan

The one on left looks softer, but on its own would be a very convincing shot. Good work.

m2tts

Check the IOR on the galss material as it's showing it's thickness. In the photograph the real glass shows almost no thickness, and this is do to refraction.

tsunami

It's a good starting project!u should increase ray bounce,to avoid that big black water area inside glass. How u made the water?
Regards

EGON

The one on the left doesn't look like water. I've never seen water that looks like that. Looks like clear plastic. I guess water is a tuff one to make look right.

Ramy

thanks for the respond every one :)
@dillster thanks and that is true it is softer when i made it i didn't know how to fix that now i improved it but didn't render it when i have some free time i will render it and show you the progress
@m2tts (what is IOR ??)....i think the thickness is caused by the glass design not the material  so i have to fix the design itself and that will force me to redesign the water and that is a half of day work :S i will leave it like this for now but thanks for the advice i'll try it may work and prove wrong anyway if didn't i'll keep it in mind for the future projects :)
@tsunami ok your advice is a very good one actually....i tried to get red of the black area by moving th HDR now i see why that move did no good thanks your advice is going to be helpful :)
about how i made water i used a fluid sim app it is called real flow it is the best fluid sim app out there yet it is so easy to use and it can handle a large count of particles you have to try it
@EGON yeh that is true it doesn't look much like the water....i started designing fluid ten days ago so it was a good start for me but as you said water is a tuff one to make...tuff but not impossible ;)
sorry for the bad english

Josh3D

Yeah, you can definitely get closer, if not exact. Great work!

Ramy