No environments in Mac Keyshot 2 trial

Started by eobet, June 11, 2010, 02:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eobet

Earlier today I posted about lack of materials in the Windows version of Keyshot 2 trial installation, and later I also discovered that there were no environments apart from the default startup one:

http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6bnl48a35rpds5mskg4qt0g5q0&topic=451.0

Now, I'm trying out the Mac version and I do have materials now (more files were installed than in the Windows version, so I'm going to try to copy them over and see what happens). But the environment problem persists.

Keyshot 2 trial doesn't seem to recognize the .hdz file format, in neither Windows nor OS X!

I'm on a brand new Macbook Pro, 2.66ghz i7 with 8gb of ram, with fresh installs of both Snow Leopard and Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with all updates applied for both operating systems.

guest84672

Right click into the tab, and select "Rescan library". A new update will fix this.

quigley

Have you checked the contents of the folder? Open the Environments library tab in Keyshot and right click in the empty space and choose "rescan folder". This will scan the environments folder and update the library with any contents contained in it.

eobet

Quote from: Thomas Teger on June 11, 2010, 04:13:46 PM
Right click into the tab, and select "Rescan library". A new update will fix this.

Thanks for the tip. This worked for environments, backplates and textures.

But for materials, that option doesn't exist in the menu.

Also, right-clicking the tab does nothing. I have to right-click on the menu background.

guest84672

Download the latest install, as posted in the download section. This will fix it.

Maybe I should have been specific - open the tab, then right click inside the tab.

eobet

Thank you. Copying the files from the OS X installation to the Windows one also resolved the issue. :)