Main Menu

Watch render

Started by Seggy, September 24, 2012, 02:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seggy

Hello KeyShooters! I made this with KeyShot 3 and new HDR Light Studio 4, using the Lightpaint feature.
Here is a video of how I did it: http://vimeo.com/49753201
Happy lighting!

guest84672

EGON

fario

very clean, bravo!

Quotehttp://vimeo.com/49753201
oh my god hdri edition is extraordinary ease and usability!!

Particularly the possibility: click on the scene and it automatically positions the halo in the right place in the editor.

When Keyshot can do the same?  8)

Antoine

Josh3D

Love it! Simply delicious.

Chad Holton

Speedster

Well, folks- I'm going to be blunt about this.  The decision to upgrade or purchase HDR LightStudio v4 is a no brainer!  I think it's the most significant advance in HDR creation in the history of CG imaging.

I upgraded from v2 yesterday and installed the user key this morning.  I've spent the past two hours totally enthralled by the new tools, capabilities and performance.  Just follow the download, install and licensing instructions to the T and it's painless.  The user manual is excellent!  The KeyShot plugin works like a champ, but I'd like to see the ability to import a bip into the LiveLight window.  But I may be missing something in the instructions.

And LightPaint is mind blowing!  I hope they release the watch demo as a real-time video to better follow along.

Although LightPaint is an original concept and was developed for CG lighting by HDR LightStudio, the concept of "painting with light" was originated for real photography by the renowned pro photographer Aaron Jones (not to be confused with a famous Brit of the same name), in the early 1980's.  Retired now, he was and is considered one of the world's leading product and advertising photographers.  He invented the Hosemaster System, which I designed and prototyped for him when we lived in Santa Fe, New Mexico (USA).

For inspiration as to the "look" of light painting visit www.clayellisphoto.com.  Clay was Aaron's studio assistant, and has continued in his tradition to world wide acclaim.  Note that Clay's work is "real" photography, but seeing it will give you a lot of clues as to what can be done now using HDRLSv4.

Kuddos to HDR Light Studio for an exceptional product!

Bill G

PhilippeV8

video is very impressive :)

seems like HDRLS 4 is a must for product renderers.

Dylan

Wow you really got that right. Everything about it looks real.

schneich

when will keyshot support lightstudio on the mac ???

cheers

t.

Ed

Quote from: Speedster on September 26, 2012, 07:44:46 AM
... I'd like to see the ability to import a bip into the LiveLight window.

I agree.

I downloaded the HDRLS 4 demo version and I'm unable to maneuver my model in the LiveLight window to match the orientation in KeyShot's window.  They have to match for LiveLight to work properly.  Also, some of my models don't show at all in the LiveLight window, (maybe it's off-screen?) even though they come into KS just fine.

I've tried to maneuver the model in the LiveLight window while holding the Ctrl key but I can't rotate it properly into place.  What am I missing?

Ed

Seggy

Hi Ed,

On this video, I do what you are trying to do: http://vimeo.com/49665867

LiveLight works best with file formats with cameras - like Collada. If loading an OBJ, you need to use the camera move button, when in LightPaint modes the camera is locked and you are panning and zooming using CTRL and mouse buttons not moving the camera. There is a Keyboard shortcuts guide in the help menu to point you to all those controls.

But fundamentally you are correct that this is not as great as having the camera positon correct from the start. But its not impossible. Also make sure your y up z up setting is right. Hope that helps.

Dylan

Quote from: schneich on September 27, 2012, 06:57:55 AM
when will keyshot support lightstudio on the mac ???

cheers

t.

Post a new topic on this please, in a different part of the forum. It will be better than hijacking another members thread here.

feher