Main Menu

CMDline

Started by jbeau, February 20, 2010, 02:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeau

Hi Luxion,
Top priority on my list is:
1. CMDline exposed
I would like to see fully exposed command line switches built around Dali/Keylight. This would include batch, scripting, quality settings (AA,pixelfiltering, etc) and image control (render in layers, Renderpasses-like proEXR, individual alpha-channels, Zdepth, normals, DOF, render region, etc.)
2. Queue manager
Support for those that don't have a native distributing queue system, although not necessary if you have Backburner or smedge.
"SORRY -HAD TO DELETE THIS IMAGE - WE DON'T DISTRIBUTE DALI" ::)
Congrats on the new toolset launch!
Regards,
jbeau
Jeremy Beauchamp
www.HyperRealStudios.com

mrjschulte

Yes I would also love to see some command-line functionality. It would open up the usage areas and let us use our investment in so many new exciting areas.

J

jbeau

"SORRY -HAD TO DELETE THIS IMAGE - WE DON'T DISTRIBUTE DALI" ::)
Can you elaborate on the concept of at least entertaining the creation of an open platform? I'm not saying that every function needs to be available, but at least in a form that would allow users to define tasks that could be automated. 

mrjschulte

What are the plans to introduce some command line render support for KW 2.0 (still on 1.9 myself).

This is one of the big things I feel is missing from really unleashing KS' potential. When needing to render out lots of passes (which we all do in pro-automotive visualization) doing things by hand and waiting to render them is becoming so tedious and prone to errors. Having command line support would also allow us to add KS to our farm and get a lot more passes and such out of it... Oh and we'd want to buy a lot more licenses too :)

Please Guys, any plans to introduce this?

Thanks,
J

jbeau

+1 ... this is a must if KS is going to continue to compete with the new realtime GPU tech that supports these options.