Looking around - Camera Movement

Started by princedragoncok, October 07, 2012, 12:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

princedragoncok

Hi I'm trying out the animation feature for an architectural render of a building. I can't seem to 'twist' or turn the camera around as if my head were doing this in reality. Specifically I would like to walk up a set of stairs to a landing, then twist the camera around and continue up the stairs. The orbit feature seems only able to orbit around the entire model. I think what I might be talking about is keyframe animation..?

Something like this, but with the camera smoothly moving up and around as if it were following a curve. Is it possible?? Any advice greatly appreciated.

KeyShot

This is something we are considering for the next release of KeyShot. Right now we keep the animations of the camera simple.
However, if you can create a camera path animation in another software and save it as an fbx file then you can import it into KeyShot.

princedragoncok

Really? So I could create my camera path in 3ds max for instance, export it as an fbx and the camera path will be recognised in keyshot? That would really solve my problems. Thanks for letting me know.

princedragoncok

Just tried a very simple test in 3ds max and exported as an fbx. Appears this will work perfectly. Thanks

rfollett

Hi
could you email me your FBX file so I can play with it and test?
I tried to do this myself in Max but not my strong point as I work with Rhino normally.

Thanks

info@richardfollett.com