KeyShot any objects of the same file cad. obj, on a different scale.

Started by fario, October 09, 2012, 08:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fario

Hello,

KeyShot any objects of the same file cad. obj, on a different scale.

This happens if you work in several different work session.

Early imports, it works correctly.

But if I open a modified part and re-imported into Keyshot again, the scale of the piece is different ...

thank you.

PhilippeV8

I have this 2.

Also sometimes I model a scene and use sketchup or grabcad items to add some props, but they come in at total different scales.

I hope KS will add a unit import in the future ...

br3ttman

We just finished a medical console design program (again, sure wish I could show the great KeyShot results!), and we did concept development and refinement for 4 concepts with KeyShot renderings at both stages.  During the initial concepts, we imported 3 different SolidWorks models from 3 different directories into our 1st KeyShot session.  They were quite different form factors, but we could easily see that all came in at the same relative scale.  A few days after delivering those concepts, our client requested one additional.  We quick modeled it up in Solidworks, and imported it to KeyShot, but the scale didn't seem quite right.  Fast forward to last week: after our concept review with our client, we updated all the concepts in CAD both for SLA models and new renderings.  We ended up using the same KeyShot scene because the lighting and camera shots were great, and we knew the new models would come in with most materials reapplied automatically by KeyShot.  However, all the models came in at a slightly larger scale, approximately 15% to 20% larger forcing us to spend some extra time to rebuild our layouts.

It appears that when building a new KeyShot scene, all initial objects that are independently imported will import at the correct scale relative to the initial object.  However, once you exit and restart a KeyShot session, when you import new objects or even re-import the same objects as before, a new scaling dynamic takes over. 

Seghier

the keyshot 4.0 have option solve that with connection between keyshot and the software

Speedster

And I've had the odd situation when, in a re-opened session, a new import will come in with the warning that "it contains no geometry", but imports just fine in a new bip. 
Bill G