The KeyShot Fur And Wig Shop...

Started by Despot, October 22, 2012, 05:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

Hi john,
In C4D, what Type are you using to Generate the mesh ? Triangle, Square, Circle, etc... ???
Have you test the same with fur ? because i can't Generate a mesh in C4D
Thanks

Despot

Hello Philippe

This is what you need to do :

Add hair to object - don't use fur because there are no options to generate geo.

Go to generate tab inside of hair attributes and choose circle with end cap - it's very important to keep 'single object' checked - if you uncheck it your system will probably crash as you will get one object per one strand of hair.

Then make the hair object editable and export - but be warned, depending on the amount of hairs you have be prepared for huge file sizes

I've just done a quick test and 350,000 hair on s simple sphere when saved as a C4D file was 4.75GB and a whopping 8.78 GB as an .OBJ

I think I heard somewhere though that future versions of KS might be able to use hair splines out of C4D, but don't quote me on this I might be wrong.

Finema

Thanks a lot John.
What material must be use to hai in keyshot
I 've read you use metal and IOR but what are the adjustments ?
I've used hair to render Grass but i'm searching for good adjustments material

Despot

This morning is wasted now and it's all your fault Philippe... ;)

I had plans to walk my dog around the local reservoir with my partner, but I've spent it playing with hair in C4D - I forgotten how much fun it is !!

QuoteWhat material must be use to hai in keyshot
I 've read you use metal and IOR but what are the adjustments ?
I've used hair to render Grass but i'm searching for good adjustments material

I've found using the metal material with either a single diffuse colour, gradient or curvature works best. Also, I've used metallic paint material which also gives good results.

As for grass, I have no idea, never done it before, but try a gradient with 2 shades of green perhaps, or even brown for the roots and green for the stems for older grass, that might work.

So I take it you've solved the export issue you had ?

Finema

i would like to use a gradient in grass material but i can't orient it.
i can't orient it (background to top)
all the choices in tab are planar or other...

Despot

Quotei would like to use a gradient in grass material but i can't orient it.
i can't orient it (background to top)
all the choices in tab are planar or other...

In that case you'll need to uncheck 'single object' in the generate tab (C4D)

But then you run the risk of crashing C4D or your whole system depending on how many hairs you set.

** just tested it with 5000 hairs, 'single object' turned off  and it seems to work. add gradient texture in KS and set as view angle/viewing direction

If this is not what you need then I don't know...

Finema

Despot

Quotethanks again John for your help 

You're welcome, no probs :)

Finema

you are the top John ! thanks for sharing ;)