"Parking on the corner in Winslow, Arizona"

Started by Speedster, October 26, 2012, 05:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

With apologies to the Eagles, and the great Jackson Browne who wrote Take it Easy.  Backplate from our recent visit to Winslow.  My older SolidWorks hot rod.

Egon, you have really opened my eyes to a new way of seeing!  Thanks, man!

Bill G

tsunami

Hi Shooter..i see some tires problem touching on the floor, i had sometime the same problem but i didn't understood because it's happened..maybe wrong prospective..
Regards

Seghier

nice model
snap your model to ground or  translate it manually

feher

Nice work Bill,
Yea, I would cut the tires a tiny bit that will give it weight. also I would take out that square thing behind the vehicle on the backplate. At first glance it looks like it part of the Vehicle.
It tough making the models fit into a high contrast backplate. Nice work with that.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

Speedster

Thanks, Tim, and all of you all for pointing out the "Tire Squish", a constant problem.  Gotta go back into SolidWorks sometime and fix it.

Actually, the backplate is just a normal D90 shot.  The image above was the result of a lot of tweaks in CS5 and FilterForge.  Here's the "raw" shot.

Bill G

Imz

Nice work Bill.

I think perhaps the shadows under your car could match the other cast shadows in the backplate a little closer? Maybe darker?

Speedster

I agree, Imz, and it's a problem we all face.  For the life of me I can't figure out how to darken the shadows in a stock KeyShot HDR, even with the Edit feature.  I could start over with a new dome in HDR Light Studio, but didn't want to put that much time into it, not that it really takes that much time.  Maybe a levels or curve adjustment in Photoshop?  Have to try that sometime.

A really neat enhancement for KS4 would be a setting or slider to "Darken Shadows"!

Bill G

DriesV

Yes, Bill. I agree with you on shadow control for future KS releases. All sorts of enhancements for ground interaction (shadow intensity, reflection glossiness...) would be really neat.

I like how the 'enhanced' version of your image blends in very well with the backplate.

Dries

guest84672

Add a new pin to the HDRI, and place it over the existing light source. Then check "Blend" and increase Brightness. Notice how the light source gets brighter, and the shadow gets darker.

I hope this helps.

EGON

I would render it on 50% grey then select the car, then make a new layer of the car in PS. Just the car. Then drop it on the raw background and position the car. Then start duplicating the layer of the car. The shadow should get darker with each layer.