Fisker Surf Running

Started by Saloff, November 17, 2012, 05:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saloff

I'd love to know the mistakes in this render/composite

Seghier

beautiful; compare your image with real photos

guest84672

Great start. I think the vehicle is too big, and the wheels are turned too far inward.

PhilippeV8

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 18, 2012, 10:13:04 PM
... and the wheels are turned too far inward.

Not if it's understeering ;p .. add some smoke to the front wheel !

Just a thought .. you would need a freaky crane setup to take this very same picture in real life (with that motion blur on the right) !

Designer Jewelry

agreed with PhilippeV8's comment.

Saloff

thanks for your comments, guys!

Quote from: PhilippeV8 on November 18, 2012, 11:19:27 PM
Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 18, 2012, 10:13:04 PM
... and the wheels are turned too far inward.

Not if it's understeering ;p .. add some smoke to the front wheel !

Just a thought .. you would need a freaky crane setup to take this very same picture in real life (with that motion blur on the right) !

yes, the wheels are turned too far. i meant to do that as i wanted some sort of feel of extreme in the image. just a hint.
and yes, this kind of photo is practically impossible to take. but it is one of the best features of rendering to produce "impossible" photos, isn't it?

Deacon

I like this Saloff but it seems to me that the perspective on the car doesn' t match the perspective of the background. Perhaps it's exaggerated by the Fisker's body form. Something just seems off to me. Did you match the camera focal length for the model with the focal length used to shoot the background?

Paul

Saloff

Quote from: WPRayner on November 19, 2012, 09:33:49 PM
I like this Saloff but it seems to me that the perspective on the car doesn' t match the perspective of the background. Perhaps it's exaggerated by the Fisker's body form. Something just seems off to me. Did you match the camera focal length for the model with the focal length used to shoot the background?

Paul

Thanks, Paul.
You are mostly likely to be right. I have been trying to figure out what was wrong with the picture and I see now that the perspective is wrong. Gonna re-make it shortly.

PhilippeV8

Quote from: Saloff on November 19, 2012, 12:56:07 PM
and yes, this kind of photo is practically impossible to take. but it is one of the best features of rendering to produce "impossible" photos, isn't it?

Absolutely !  ;)
It wasn't meant as a negative remark, rather something "funny" I noticed  8)