File size too large to load VR?

Started by madeintaiwan, November 01, 2012, 06:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madeintaiwan

I've got a VR animation that I decided to leave running and finish. It took almost a week. This was not on a slow machine either, I ran it on a Z820 workstation. With a smaller version (less frames (9 instead of 740)) it will display perfectly well. When I try to load the larger version it will display this, seemingly forever, on both Mac and PC, on almost every browser, both embedded on a site and locally:

Is there a size limit to VR renders? Perhaps I do not need so many frames but I was trying to see the limit of providing a smooth output.

Thanks

Nathaniel

guest84672

What is the resolution of those images? It may be a RAM issue.

36 frames in horizontal direction (10

madeintaiwan

They are 1080 x 1920 I think. I've got another render running so I can't be sure. There's 64gb of RAM on this machine and when launching it locally there's no spike or increase in RAM usage (or at least nothing noticeable). As I said, limiting it to 9 frames works fine see here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21898506/VR/PMS_v2_VR.10.html

But 740 seems to be too many to load...?

Thanks Thomas.

guest84672

Your browser may not be able to allocate that much memory.

madeintaiwan

Is there a way besides trial and error to determine what will work and what will not? I have just spent another day rendering a much smaller version and it still will not load. It does say the size during the render, should this be used as a marker for a model's ability to run in a browser? It's unfortunate that there is no warning or indication in the software of the possibility of an error. Given that there is no other method to display the VR besides the browser.