applying lables to multiple (same) objects

Started by fletch1971, November 06, 2012, 03:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch1971

we often build packaging or displays around multiples of the sample product/object. the products are placed in the model space.
For our presentations we render with graphics and product labels.
is there any way to do this more efficiently than applying 10,20,30 of the same labels?
(using Rhino v4)
see attached example, how to apply the pepsi logo to all the other bottles without having to place them 1 at a time.

PhilippeV8

Idea:  place 1 bottle, aply textures and labels .. then duplicate the bottle-object in KS multiple times and move them around.

Does this help ?

fletch1971

yeah we have played with duplicate - but everything is laid out in Rhino to check fit and size.
there might be 10-100+ "stock products" - it would mean that we would need to build them, lay them out in the master file, then hide them, import the file into Keyshot, then duplicate and place 10-100 "stock products"...
we have played around with "textures" on paint which is ok, but there are mapping issues - see attached images
also we do a lot of "glass bottles" and there is no work around for glass as there is no "texture" option.

guest84672

notelpats

I have this same problem. I have painstakingly gone through 100s of products on a display to place the same label on multiples of the same item. For the stuff I can fudge, I use the texture, since that applies to all objects in the same group, but for labels that need to be exact it can take me hours and hours to place all the labels. I use Rhino to create my 3D models, and the labels are given to me by the client's graphic department.

Does anybody have any ideas/advice on this?

guest84672

Make sure that all the objects are "unlinked", i.e. have their own material. Then get the material and label right for on object.

Open the scene tree, and select the material tab. Select the material and drag and drop it onto "Models". This will put the material on all objects in the scene, and put the label in the right place.

I hope this helps.

notelpats

Still no luck! I tried what thomas said.. It applied the same material, but the labels don't seem to go with it. I wish I could figure this out! This would increase my efficiency by like 90%. Working on a planogram and placing the same label 50-100+ times is not fun!

guest84672