KeyShotVR Contest Guidlines

Started by Josh3D, November 06, 2012, 08:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

With KeyShot 3.3 we delivered KeyShotVR, a new, interactive way to share your 3D content with others. We've seen a lot of ways that people are using it to display their products and portfolios, so we wanted to provide a way for you to show what you've created or would like to create with KeyShotVR. We're looking for the best use of KeyShotVR and great examples to demonstrate how it can be used. Here are all the details.

Overview:
For this contest, we don't have a specific theme or model for you to render. Instead, we want this to be an opportunity to share your work or use it as an experiment to show your boss, friends, clients, customers or shareholders how KeyShotVR can bring a whole new user experience to your products. We'll have two winners. One for Grand prize and a runner-up for First prize. The Grand prize wins a seat of KeyShot Pro + Animation + KeyShotVR, the First prize receives KeyShot + KeyShotVR. All will receive the enduring admiration of the KeyShot crew and community!

Note: If you have questions on the contest, simply reply to this thread.

KeyShotVR Contest

Providing a unique product experience that sets you apart is a must in today's marketplace. Stunning KeyShot renderings and animations is one way. Interactive 3D viewing with KeyShotVR is just one more way we're making that possible. Your goal? Create the most stunning KeyShotVR of your product, mock product or portfolio item. Share it with others and show the creative ways in which it can be used.

Criteria:

• Create a KeyShotVR of a product or portfolio item
  • The KeyShotVR must be submitted with the following render settings:

• Resolution: 800px by 800px
    • Smoothness: 10 degrees - 20 degrees increments in either direction. If doing a Turntable go with 10 degrees. For hemispherical and others go 20 degrees.
    • Image quality: Between 80 - 90% (in the KeyShotVR render tab - default setting is 80%.)

Note: For a KeyShot + KeyShotVR trial without watermarked renderings, email license@luxion.com with "KeyShotVR Contest" in the subject line. You will receive a 15 day license for use in the contest.

Submission:
To submit your KeyShotVR and enter the contest:

Note: With your submission, it's nice to know what work went into the process! Tell us what modeling software or other tools are used, what the inspiration or applications is. It's always interesting to know!

Judged on:
The submissions will be judged by KeyShot staff on three criteria:

• Application
  • Creativity
  • Composition

Prizes:
Grand prize: KeyShot Pro + Animation + KeyShotVR
First prize: KeyShot + KeyShotVR

Deadline:
Sunday December 16th, Midnight (12 am) PST.

Announcement:
The winner will be announced Thursday, December 20th on the KeyShot blog, newsletter, Facebook page and Twitter.

Small Print:
Luxion retains the right to use the KeyShotVR submitted for purposes of promotion and marketing. All rights to the KeyShotVR and rendered images belong to the person creating the image and attribution will be given when an image is used. Additional requests for use of model, images or KeyShotVR may be requested of the user via email.

Seghier

Hello Josh ;
how i can upload folder in this site https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ ? or i compress it ?

Shooter

Hi KEYSHOOTERS :)

Count me in for this one, i can't wait to start. Love these Luxion contests !!!

Best,
Voya

guest84672

Quote from: Seghier on November 18, 2012, 04:09:52 AM
Hello Josh ;
how i can upload folder in this site https://keyshot.wetransfer.com/ ? or i compress it ?

You send it to us and we post it for you.

Seghier

thank you Thomas . i send the folder as zip yesterday but i don't receive email to confirm if they receive the file or not.

guest84672

Seghier

guest84672

Should have been more precise - who did you send it to?

Seghier

i upload the file and i put my email ; what i do ?

abedsabeh

Hi Josh,

Is it possible to get a trial activation code for KeyShotVR, so I can join the contest?

Thanks,
Abed

KeyShot

Absolutely Abed. Just email info@luxion.com and we will set you up with a temp license for KeyShotVR.

abedsabeh

I have a question. Can I go for the maximum smoothness control, i.e. 36x36?

Thanks,
Abed

KeyShot

Yes, it will take a bit of time to render and load though. It will be roughly 1000 images.

Seghier

question : in the thread : Sunday December 12th, Midnight (12 am) PST .
sunday 16 or tuesday 12 ?

DriesV