LST radiator reconfiguration

Started by DriesV, November 07, 2012, 11:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriesV

Hi,

This is something that I'm working on.
An LST (low surface temperature) radiator is shown being reconfigured, switching controls from right to left side.
I got the animation sequence right now. All it needs is a rerender at HQ 720p.
Rendering this animation at 640*360 took about 3.5hr for 800 frames.

Dries

Jeff Hayden

That is great use of the animation. Keep them coming. To render this at full resolution you may want to get the network rendering add-on allowing you to tie in other computers on the network to speed up the render time.

Thanks,

Jeff

DriesV

Yes, Jeff!

Actually my superiors were quite impressed by this animation. They immediately realized the customer benefits. So I'd better take advantage of the enthusiasm fast by pushing to get network rendering NOW  ;D!

Dries

guest84672

I can only second that. Great animation, and yes, NR is a must have.

DriesV

***OFF-TOPIC FLASH***

I just learned today that my 2008 '12fps cam bench' system might be replaced by a dual Xeon E5-2665 workstation (new Dell T5600).  ;D *crossing fingers until they pull the trigger*
Should be around 1000% faster, I guess...

On the other hand:
Engaging our permanent office computer pool in network rendering -in the best conditions- would be around 430% faster than my current system on its own. Too many of our office dwellers are using darn notebooks... That's just counting personal computers within R&D, mind you.
We have a number of recent pretty high spec dual Xeon servers running 24/7 in a rack running PDM, factory production and numerous other sessions...on virtual machines. Running KeyShot network rendering on those on low priority might be something to discuss with IT.

Decisions, decisions... :o

Dries