Solidworks 2013

Started by 2TREE, November 12, 2012, 09:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

The plugin works today. It puts a button into SolidWorks, allowing you to transfer your data from SolidWorks directly into KeyShot.

andrea.negri

Thank you so much Thomas! It works perfectly!  :D

keaneray

Still having the same problem importing some SW13 files into Keyshot 3.3. Hopefully KS4 is out soon and will rectify.

guest84672

Can you share this model and I will take a look? Send to me, please: thomas@luxion.com

I will need the entire assembly with all the parts.

Thanks, Thomas

guest84672

Thanks for sending. Looks good in KeyShot 4. In the meantime, you may want to try the plugin to get the assembly directly from SW in to KeyShot.

p3ngu1n

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhat but I'm having the same issues as the original poster, however, I'm currently using the latest version of keyshot 4 in conjunction with solidworks 2013. Importing with tesselation is not an option for many of my projects because, for some reason, tessellation in keyshot 4 will add unwanted surfaces and distort surface geometry on surfaces with continuous curvature.

My only current work around is to use the plugin for solidworks, however it's not ideal for workflow since it creates a separate file which I then need to import into my scene again and reassign all materials.

I've included some screen shots of what I'm experiencing.

thomasteger

Don't understand what you mean by "separate file". The plugin doesn't create a separate file that needs to be imported or managed.

p3ngu1n

It creates a new .bip file on export, doesn't it?

thomasteger

Only if you select "export". If you select "render" then it will transfer the geometry in session directly into KeyShot by opening the application upon transfer.

p3ngu1n

Thanks for the clarification but my core issue still stands. Is there any foreseeable fix for the "does not contain 3d geometry" error? This has been an ongoing issue for the better part of a year now and creates a small but quite disruptive kink in my (and I imagine others') work flow.