Will education annual fee count towards a full license?

Started by eobet, June 17, 2010, 09:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eobet

Hello!

Since the single annually paid Keyshot license for students is not the Pro version, will the money spent on that count towards a full license, if you decide to buy one after your studies?

I'm asking because honestly, Hypershot/Keyshot seems to be one of the worst student deals out there (Solidworks & all Autodesk products are free while you are a student, and though you still have to pay for Adobe products, at least you can keep them after you graduated).

Thank you for taking time to read this.

guest84672

The educational license is an annual license @ $95/year. The purchase will not count towards a commercial license.
We also offer Lab Packs for Universities that will make it "free" for all students to use.

I just checked and it appears that the SolidWorks Student Edition is $199.95 for 12 months.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

eobet

Student Edition is different. Solidworks Student Design Kit is free.

...but I guess it might be similar to your "lab pack" as there are "requirements" for schools to use it, and I suspect that Autodesk might have a deal like that as well with my school if I dig deep enough.

I'll see if I can get my school to buy a lab pack, but I doubt it (and if I told you the name of the school you wouldn't believe it).

guest84672