What is a good 3D modeling software

Started by Tyreeimagery, June 29, 2012, 06:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyreeimagery

Hello all
I am new to Keyshot. My company is looking into purchasing Keyshot for us in the art department. I was wondering if anyone can direct me to a good 3D modeling software to work in conjunction with this. I design fragrances and packaging and have been asking for 3D programs so we can have more dynamic product shots and have more control of details of the product. From everything that i have read about keyshot seems to point to it being more of a finishing program and we here will need a modeling software as weel. Any Suggestions? We work on Mac platform.
Thank You in advance.
Tim Cheslock
Graphic Artist

Speedster

Hi Antoine;
Take a good look at Modo.  I'm testing the demo next week of Modo 601, for which they now have a demo copy.  It's a tough learning curve, especially for us "normal" CAD users, but the results are awesome.  Their render engine is excellent, but KeyShot is a given in my book.
Bill G

nathanzgmm

There are many softwares in the market like Aurora 3D,Xara 3D Maker,MAGIX 3D Maker etc
I recommend 3D Studio Max for modeling. Its a best 3D modeling software.

Regards,
Funique

Robb63

I use Rhino 3D with great success in doing  just what you are describing.

The software is affordable, works on Mac/PC and there is a lot of training available. The data you develop from concepts can be used by engineering/factories upstream as the base or underlay to build manufacturable data from.

Arnaud

To design fragrances and packaging , probably Rhino 3D is one of the best 3D modeler. If you add a free-form plugin like TSplines or Clayoo, you'll get a package which can design everything.
The Nurbs models coming from Rhino are fully compatible with further CAD / CAM production line