Main Menu

Camaro!

Started by SergioBL, November 14, 2012, 11:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SergioBL

A quick render... Hdri and backplate are from moofe...

All kind of words are welcome!! Cheers!!

Sergio

PhilippeV8

Ok, here's a tip.

Render this out as a TIFF with the background loose.  Then you can edit the shadows shape .. cuz now the edge is straight, while in reality it would "follow" the stones on the ground ..

This render is yet another call for more shadow control in KS 4  ;)  It should be darker.  (Don't look at the   This has been discussed extensively recently here in the forum with options to do it in post the easy way.

guest84672

In order to get darker shadows you will need to increase the intensity of the light source in the HDRI.

Saloff

is it the hdri lighting that created this very defined shadow? i have a feeling that shadow here should be more diffused.
also, i thing that the car is sort of too dark comparing to the backdrop and especially lacks highlights.
and i definitely see the difference of sharpness in the car and the backdrop.

guest84672

Yes it is. If the shadow is too dark, you can adjust it in the environment tab by making it lighter.

PhilippeV8

Shadow is not to hard !  Don't be confused by the shadow of the ice .. the ice lets light trough, thus has softer edges and a blue tone to it.  Look at the bottom right of the image, look at the shadows of the stones.  It's even harder!  It only needs to (at least pretend) to folow the bumpness of the stone ground.

SergioBL

It seems that ive unleashed a big deal! The idea was get comments and tips from you, and I really appreciated, the shadow problem maybe it's because I used a backplate instead the HDRI, I will do a render with it and we will see how it looks!

Again, thanks for your comments.... Cheers!

Sergio