Solidworks Material Change not "sticking".

Started by cash68, October 30, 2012, 07:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cash68

In Solidworks, if I change the color of an entire part, it works in Keyshot (ie, that part can be painted a different color).

If I change the color of a BODY, it does NOT stick when in Keyshot (ie, the bodies are different colors in Solidworks, but all the same color in keyshot).

If I change the color of a surface, it works in keyshot (ie, that surface is a different color).

It'd be nice if different bodies could be painted different colors.

guest84672

Are you using the direct importer or the plugin? Also, what version of KeyShot are you using?

Rex

I just tested this using SolidWorks 2012 and KeyShot 3.3 and everything seems to be working fine.

However, I have run into something like this in the past and solved it by "Remove all part appearances" and re-applying colors.

If you do not have the SolidWorks plug-in you can download it here: http://keyshot.com/downloads/plugins/

This is a very stable platform that will allow you to import directly from SolidWorks into KeyShot.

Let us know if this helps.

Rex

cash68

I am using SW2012 with Keyshot 2, via the SW Plugin. 

I tried removing all apperances and starting over, but "Bodies" never works.  Only faces or entire parts.

Speedster

Hi Rex;
QuoteThis is a very stable platform that will allow you to import directly from SolidWorks into KeyShot.
.  With 3.3.33 and the SW plugin, it crashes SolidWorks on a regular basis.
Bill G

cash68

This is still not working.  I just have a simple part, 3 solid bodies.   Removed all appearances.   Applied colors to different bodies.  Imported... all one color.   >:(