Main Menu

Drifting Gallardo

Started by JonWelch, April 30, 2014, 08:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonWelch

Here is another Render of the Gallardo, this time having a bit more fun! Let me know any thoughts or opinions. Thanks!

Josh3D

Ooo, love the direction of this. I think the passenger side could be a tad darker and some blur in the tail end since it's whipping around a little faster than the front.

guest2984

Love the water drops while drifting but imho the front wheels should be in the opposite direction.

edwardo

I think the front wheels are in the correct direction (to correct/control the drift). great image, maybe a tiny bit of motion blur on the back end of the car (as if its swinging out towards the camera) would be good.

Ed

CAClark

If you understand drifting and the dynamics of car control, the wheels are definitely in the correct position. I think the car blur is fine, my eye sees it as one of those shots where the camera and car remain static to each other. I would however tweak the lighting, as the tone of the plate is cool and murky, and that isn't transferred to the car at all.

Cheers!

JonWelch

Thanks for all the advice guys! Here is what I've now tweaked based on your thoughts.

Josh, I added a blur to the tail just to see what it's like. I have to admit I like it better even though originally I was in agreement with you, Clark, that the camera would be following the cars movement.

I also added some darkness to the passenger side since the primary light source is coming from the opposing side, and I did add some more hint of Blue, but not too much. I had already turned the Hue of the Enviro to a blue, and I was using the color lane markings as a guide to the proper yellow. When I would add too much Blue, the car started to look really faded and less pronounced then the lane markings. (I should've probably just darkened them as well)

But let me know what you guys think this time around.

edwardo

nice. its got real dynamics

Josh3D