Main Menu

Diamond Ring Render

Started by diamond, December 03, 2012, 02:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diamond

Here is my first render using KS. :)

Designer Jewelry

you should search another hdri. i think hdri in library is not good for jewellery..
i can help you. contact me: deptrai1920042004@yahoo.com
thanks!

diamond

Deptrai1920042004, I am new to this and I am willing to practice until I get it right. I will be emailing you. Thanks again  ;).

Jslowsky

You'll have more success with your image to change the background from white, to a different value to create contrast separation between the specularity of both the precious metal and gems. White competing against white will always come out flat and you want to bring the audience's attention to the ring and not the background.

Another technique used by luxury jewelry sites is the use of Depth of Field. Where you direct the viewers eye towards the front of the ring and let the tail fall into blur. This creates a larger than life environment and propels the most significant gem stone into a better posture.

Lastly, use another HDRI light will give better sparkle and reflection.

Really beautiful work, congratulations.

diamond

Thanks Jslowsky! I will render another ring with your suggestions. Is there any specific setting for diamonds and metal?

Speedster

Don't be afraid to try out HDR's that may seem radical, like "Kitchen", or "Conference Room".  You may be quite suprised and pleased with the results.  I think we're all starting to think more out-of-the-box now with all the new KeyShot goodies and power.
Bill G

Jslowsky

First rule of successful creative development is to acquire reference images to inspire and direct your eye. Reference acquisition is used in every field and every pro I know regardless of their creative field acquires libraries of reference.

I personally break the scene down into parts... or using the analogy of actors; who is my lead? who is the supporting actor? what is the emotional setting? So for the case of your Diamond ring. The lead is the large gem in the foreground, the supporting characters are the gems surrounding the large gem, the precious metal is even a lesser supporting character (very important, but should not take the attention away from the cast) and the emotional environment becomes the setting to set off the stage performance (so to say).

When it comes to lighting, I use a different HDRI for the large gem I want my audience to see, another for the supporting gems and precious metal. I render them to TIFF with Alpha and I assemble them all in Photoshop and tweak them ever so slightly so they all "feel" correct. Use your "feelings" more than numeric accuracy this was taught to me by my mentor at Pixar.  Hopefully this helps some.

diamond

Speedster- Thanks for you help. I will play around with the HDRs to get familiar.

Jslowsky- The picture looks awesome. Thanks for the advice. I will try it out and post another pic.

Designer Jewelry

i think you have to use two hdri for jewellery..
One for diamond and one for metal.

Jslowsky

Ooooh, that's beautiful. Nice sparkle on the gems and beautiful reflection on the metal. Beautifully done.

hitesh.m

hi deptrai1920042004 can u plz share hdr user specially for jewellery rendering.....

Designer Jewelry

Quote from: hitesh.m on December 06, 2012, 11:22:31 AM
hi deptrai1920042004 can u plz share hdr user specially for jewellery rendering.....
Contact me: deptrai1920042004@yahoo.com thanks!

caden2010

The last picture is stunning. The quality of the rendering is brilliant!

It is just perfect. What more can I say. Keep up the great work.

Designer Jewelry

Designer Jewelry

new update!