Main Menu

Evo color test

Started by EGON, December 09, 2012, 07:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EGON

Yellow + cyan . I'm just trying to come up with a look not a finished product. I worked on these for about 12 hrs.

PhilippeV8

Man, I love that second one.  Awesome.  You must be crowned back-plate-selector-king  ;D
Excellent work.

On the first one, to my feeling, the car is tilted a bit clockwise compared to the background tho.

Shooter

Egon,

Jesus man :) Again, you nailed every single thing perfectly. They look like a top notch marketing material you can find in magazines and brochures or on the billboards.... stunning work!!!

all the best,
Voya

EGON

Thanks! The first one was twisted 1.78. I cut the twist to .7. Looks a lot better. I find you can tell if the car is out of wack if you flip a screen-shot . Also a good way to check composition. Burrrrrrrrrr it's cold here in Colorado.

Izayoi

Shooter

Hey Egon,

Just one quick question, how you get that motion blur on the wheels in the second img? I can only guess, you render the car without wheels, then render the wheels separately and comp them over the car, but what bugs me is the wheels have oval shape to them (due to perspective) so you can't just apply standard radial MB, how you get that nice motion blur?

Thanks,
Voya

PhilippeV8

Excellent question.  I'm all ears on this one  ;D

EGON

Most of the time I use photos to blur the wheel. On this one I selected the wheels made a new layer and using the free transform tool in PS pulled it camera left, selected the wheel and then putting a radial blur on it. Then pulled it back in to line up. Then duplicate again and...............................................

feher

That second image is a thing of beauty.
Its a keeper
Tim

PhilippeV8

So you convert the ovals to circles, then radial blur, then make them ovals again ... that's what I tried once for that helicopter-propellor thread.

Shooter

Thank you Egon for the answer, i knew there was a catch, and thank you Philippe for elaborating more on technique:)

best,
Voya

guest84672

Awesome - absolutely beautiful. One thing though: we Germans don't drive on the left side of the road ;-). You've got Munich license plates on the car, so you need to put the car on the other side of the road. Suspending disbelieve ...

PhilippeV8

Being a German, he was undoubtably going VERY fast and thus overtaking ;p

guest84672

Ah - thanks for the reminder, PhilippeV8. Of course ... ;-)

EGON

All my cars have German plates on them. I tried other plates but I like the German plates the best. I would never put one on an American car. California!