Can't import IGES into Keyshot 2

Started by MichaelN, June 15, 2010, 05:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelN

Hi,

I have just finished downloading Keyshot2 (build 2.0.30), and now have it up and running on my Mac (MacBook Pro, 2.6GHz Core2Duo, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb HD, NVidia GForce 8600M GT).  I have been running Keyshot 1.9.54 since April, and have been very pleased with it.

Unfortunately, every time I try to import an IGES model into Keyshot2 I receive an error saying "Unknown File Type", and my computer prompts me to file a problem report with Apple.

I have ben able to open OBJ files and even BIP files.  But IGES files seem to be a no-go.

Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong?  I can import the same IGES files into Keyshot 1.9.54 without issue.  Seems odd that Keyshot2 won't do the same.

MichaelN

Thanks to the good folks at Luxion support, I've figured out a work-around.

Unchecking the "Use new importers (beta)" option under Preferences seems to have solved the problem; I can now import IGES files just fine.

I don't know if this is an isolated issue for Mac users, or if all users are affected, but I do know of one other Mac user running the latest build of Keyshot2 (2.0.30) who experienced the same problem when importing IGES files.  Hopefully this helps others until a proper fix becomes available.