Pro-E/ plugin issue.

Started by DuncanL, December 14, 2012, 12:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuncanL

I've having some issues when animating my products on Keyshot with the latest edition of the Pro-E plugin. I see that there's now a 'merge identical parts' tick box on the render options. The problem I'm having is that now it always merges identical parts whether that box is ticked or not. I've tried saving off the file and loading it into Keyshot directly and I don't get this problem (but need the plugin to enable me to do cuts into my assemblies before rendering)

Is anyone else having this problem? Do you have a solution?

Thanks

Dunc

guest84672

Identical parts with therefore identical materials are grouped together in the tree. Select the identical parts in the scene tree inside KeyShot, right click on them, and select "unlink materials". This should do the trick.

DuncanL

Hello Thomas,

Have tried this and it doesn't seem to make any difference. It just adds a new number to the material column eg. Steel #01 to Steel #02. I'm pretty sure it must be something to do with the way the file is being imported through the plugin.

guest84672

Yes - correct. And now they are independent and can have each their own material.

DuncanL

Ok, I see how the material side works now. It's when I'm animating it becomes a problem as all the parts move together. Eg. In the model tree there is x1 '00008976' prt when there should be x4 '00008976' listed . So when I animate this, all 4 move instead of a single item.

See what I mean? Confusing perhaps!

guest84672

What version of Pro/E are you using? And what version of the plugin. We will take a look.

DuncanL

Pro-E Wildfire 3 with the latest (I think) plugin. I've tried clicking the merge identical items button on and off but it doesn't seem to be making a difference for me.

Thanks for your help

Duncan

Chad Holton

Hi Duncan,

Please make sure you are using the latest plug-in from here: http://www.keyshot.com/downloads/plugins/

I tested that particular function with WF5 (don't have WF3 to test) and it works fine with it.

Chad

DuncanL

I just installed the latest edition (just incase I didn't originally have it) but it doesn't seem to make a difference, still getting grouped parts. I'll maybe just wipe the computer clean of it and reinstall Keyshot and the plugin. Hopefully with a bit of lucky that will do the trick.  :o

Thanks

Duncan

DuncanL

Working now with a reinstall of the plugin. Phew! All hands to the deck now before Christmas.

Thanks for the help guys.

Duncan.  8)

guest84672

Nice - thanks for the update.