Network rendering question

Started by desquared, December 19, 2012, 11:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desquared

Hey all,

I am thinking of upgrading to a network render license but have a question that I cant find anywhere on the website.

Currently our design department shares a rendering station, and I'm being nice, really they fight over it..  I want to set up network rendering but I have one concern. Right now they will set up an image start a render, then once they see the image coming together decide they need to adjust and repeat that process a couple of times until they get the image the way they want it.

Will they still be able to work this way with a network render queue? I mean if the queue fills up and they stop a render to make an adjustment and reset, will they loose their place in line?

Hope that makes sense.

guest84672

Yes they will. As soon as a rendering is stopped, the next one will kick in. That's why you make the adjustments on a smaller image locally, before you commit to the big one on the network.

desquared

Ahh,

So the local client give you a good enough image that they can see what it will look like before they send it. That sounds like it will work, thanks!

guest84672

Yes, of course. Network rendering is just a "facilitator", letting render images faster. It has nothing to do with quality.