Dominic Qwek's Art Dump

Started by DominicQwek, January 01, 2013, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest84672

Now all images show up - thanks!

DominicQwek

Queen Concept. Sculpted in Zbrush, rendered in Keyshot 3. Touched up in Photoshop.

DominicQwek

Orc Concept. Sculpted in Zbrush, rendered in Keyshot 3. Touched up in Photoshop.

jhiker

Chad Holton

Love the gnarly teeth and little hairs.

DominicQwek

fresker

DominicQwek

New render with KS4. SSS Shader with spec, bump and diffuse map. Sculpted in Zbrush. Post work in photoshop. Character is Jawesome from the graphic novel, Last Man Standing: Killbook of a Bounty Hunter.

mjb

;D oof, fantastic!
Dominic, can you explain how you go about getting your models from Z-brush into KS with regards to all the UV's remaining in place?
Do you do it with UV master?

Cheers! M

evilmaul

nice job Dominic!
out of curiosity how much post processing have you done on the final render and whats your impression of KS4 so far?

DominicQwek

mjb- Yep, I use UV Master and then decimation master to lower the polycount with Freeze UVs turned on.

evilmaul- Most of it is rendered in KS4. I can use a spec map now (thanks to KS4) and that helps a ton, seriously what we need next is an SSS intensity map, and a gloss map and we're golden for organic work. The only post processing I did on this piece are color adjustments and filter to make it look more raw and grungier. I also painted in some blood splats, grime and bg. Loving KS4 a lot, like I said, the inclusion of spec map is a huge help for organic work, and there are no more green artifacts.

mjb

Dominic, if you don't mind, I might need to pick your brains about this a bit more. I havent tried bringing a zbrush model into KS as yet and will have a go over the weekend.
If I get stuck would you mind a few questions?

Matt.

DominicQwek

Sure. Just drop me a PM here or on facebook. I'll get back to you. It's not hard at all to be honest.

mjb

Fan-tastic!  ;D thanks matey, appreciate it

TpwUK