Save HDRI Loop

Started by Robb63, January 07, 2013, 10:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robb63

I added a pin light to an HDRI in the KS HDR Editor to control a white spot getting burned into a polished copper part. When I do any saves in KS since editing the light it tells me I've made changes in the HDR Editor and do I want to save changes (see attached). It then just keeps looping on this popup warning until I click "Discard", then it will do a normal file save. It's easy enough to workaround, but concerns me that somethings not saving the way it should.

guest84672

Yes - you will need to save the HDRI if you modified it.

Robb63

But every time I save the .bip file while working, it says the HDR image has changed and asks i f I want to save it, and I have only edited it the one time in the editor. Is that normal?

guest84672

Yes - because you never saved the HDRI. If you save the HDRI inside the editor, then you won't get the prompt, correct?

On the other hand, if you hit save, it should just save the HDRI and then save the bip. Will check into it.

Robb63

Hi Thomas,
No, I definitely saved the HDRI when I was finished working on it in the editor. I also went under edit (while still in editor), and told it to render a high rez version.  Then I closed the window and never went back into the editor.

guest84672

We will take a look at it. Whatever it is, it will be addressed in 4. We already added a "save as" option to the prompt.

Robb63

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to KS4 that's for sure!

BTW, what is the difference between doing a save as, or using the "render high rez..." option while in the editor??

guest84672

"Save" saves the hdri, "render high res" pushes a high resolution version of the HDRI to KeyShot without saving it.