Realistic Leather

Started by degruch, January 20, 2013, 10:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

degruch

Hi all,

Does anyone have a realistic leather grain available to share? I looking for a car leather interior texture (i.e. with grain), as the default KeyShot leather appears to be more like a rough shoe leather (from what I've seen - I cannot get it to work at all, all I see is soft touch rubber with large areas of fragmented black patches).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Duane

degruch

Anywhere where I can buy one then?

I thought this would have to be one of the more popular materials, every car company on the globe would need it! Unfortunately, the default KS leather doesn't actually look like leather at all...any bump map solutions?

Cheers,
Duane

degruch

Found one... ;D

scottfranksdesigns

Hi degruch

Thanks for sharing the image, really useful!

here is an image of a camera strap I used with the texture, really happy with the result!

theone07

Hello,

Can you please tell me how did you get leather looks so realistic like the rendering image that you did? Like setting and etc.... appreciate for your help!

Thanks

Dylan

I still use the Mold-Tech leather that came with previous versions of Keyshot. It is very versatile.

Jolee22

Hey, a few years late but this website has a lot of high res leather textures. Some are 3k px or more!
http://www.thedesignwork.com/leather-texture/

gharryh

bdesign

Hey gharryh-

Since the texture is black, you won't be able to colorize it directly, so what you can do is first plug the texture into the Source of a Color Composite node, and set the Background to your desired base color. Set the blend mode to Screen. Then, plug the Color Composite node into the Color of a Color Adjust node, with which you can tweak the Hue, Saturation, Value, and Contrast.

Eric