Better and easier administration

Started by DonChunior, June 25, 2010, 02:30:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonChunior

Hi community!

We've to roll out KeyShot2 Floating on some 100 workstations and therefore have special requirements for installation, uninstallation:

• A command line switch or parameter at silent installation, for defining the location of the directory with the KeyShot resources. Currently it gets installed under "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents" (Windows).
  • A command line switch or parameter at silent installation, for defining the license server at the process of installation. Currently the user needs to set it at the first startup of KeyShot.
  • A command line switch for silent uninstallation. Currently there's a query, if you really want to uninstall KeyShot.
  • A command line switch for complete uninstallation. Currently the directory with the KeyShot recources doesn't get deleted.
  • After uninstallation the entry in the start menu hasn't been deleted.
  • After uninstallation some entries in the Windows registry haven't been deleted.

Best regards, DonChunior

guest84672

YOu should contact support@luxion.com. We can help you with this.

DonChunior

I contacted support@luxion.com some weeks ago, but still got no response.  :(

DonChunior

2 weeks later: still no response.  >:(
Is the support team on holiday?  ???

Regards, DonChunior

guest84672

We actually did a lot of work on the installers to address these issues you were mentioning. This is currently being tested, and should be available for the masses with the next update.

Thomas

DonChunior

Hi Thomas,

thanks a lot for the information.  :)
I'm looking forward to the next version!

Regards, DonChunior