MODEL IMPORT & TEXTURE ISSUES

Started by Alf Prisco, January 25, 2013, 08:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alf Prisco

Hi there,

I am new to Keyshot and have been using it for a couple of months, in that time i have discovered certian aspects of my workflow which are proving difficult. I am modeling in Archicad and have the option to save out as a 3ds or OBJ, when importing into keyshot certain faces are discoloured and the applied texture becomes distorted, see attached image. The areas which are fine, the texture behaves normally and all is good, the areas where there is a darken patch evident in the realtime display, the textures become distorted. In other words within the same plane or surface, there are sections of perfect texture and patches of massive distortion.

I tried several avenues, including pushing the Archicad file through another render software (Artlantis), then save out as an OBJ from there, the same issue was was coming up. There was some success with exporting from Archicad as a Sketchup file, but there were still some patches.

I cannot figure out whether the modeling software is not writing out properly, or Keyshot doesn't like the materials set within these other applications. I would appreciate some feedback on this, and if you are able to view the attached image, you will see the true extent of this problem.