Abandoned in the Forest

Started by tsunami, January 27, 2013, 03:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsunami

If someone is interested, here in attachment you can find my Rust Keyshot Material i used on my abandoned rust car.
regards
(It seem not possible to attach kmp file 14mb, if someone want it, just let me know i will send by email)

evilmaul

very nice image...love the colors!

KeyShot

Looks great! Would love to see a version taking Ed's comments into account (if possible).

PhilippeV8

Me to !

And don't forget this effect:

Or maybe even model it broken:

tsunami

Yes right;i'm working on that but still now i dont knof if the best way to get is on keyshot material,or in postwork with photoshop  ??? What would u do it with?

Ed

What would u do it with?

I would try making a KeyShot label and apply it to your glass material.  Use a transparent PNG with large crack, dirt film and green moss tint around the edges.

Ed

guest84672

That would work. Also, in KeyShot 4 you will be able to put a texture on the dielectric material (glass).

tsunami

Quote from: Thomas Teger on January 30, 2013, 11:27:31 AM
That would work. Also, in KeyShot 4 you will be able to put a texture on the dielectric material (glass).
in effect on keyshot 3 this is a missing way to do that in dieletric material.SO how is possible to test ks4?i see some users here are testing it.

tsunami

Quote from: Ed on January 30, 2013, 09:55:37 AM
What would u do it with?

I would try making a KeyShot label and apply it to your glass material.  Use a transparent PNG with large crack, dirt film and green moss tint around the edges.

Ed
well Ed so i will follow your suggestion,also if i never did before on keyshot glass material.
My only doubt is that with label i cant control opacity and bump...

tsunami

Here a try with glass ....what do u think so Ed?
regards

youknowwho4eva

Turn down the reflections and I think you have it.

Ed

tsunami - I was thinking of this type of label applied to glass.  I've attached the transparent png if you wish to try it.  Of course you could make additional transparent layers in Photoshop for cracks, moss, etc.

Ed

tsunami

Quote from: Ed on February 01, 2013, 09:54:16 AM
tsunami - I was thinking of this type of label applied to glass.  I've attached the transparent png if you wish to try it.  Of course you could make additional transparent layers in Photoshop for cracks, moss, etc.

Ed
Hm yes your one, i see is better than what i made for... ;)..i had still to had moss texture, my wa only a try for it;but i want to try your label in to my model..
so for now thanks a lot Ed...i will let you know the result on here....
Aldo

Dylan

tsunami

Quote from: dillster on February 03, 2013, 04:53:19 AM
That's really excellent!
Thanks Dillster....i hope it will look better after Ed suggestions on glass texture..(i think i will try it also with Ks4),...